The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) and partners Pelotonia and Victoria's Secret have announced five recipients of the Victoria's Secret Global Fund for Women's Cancers 2022 Meritorious Award.
The award recognizes female researchers who have made pioneering contributions to the understanding and treatment of breast and gynecological cancer. This year's awardees include:
- Joan Brugge, PhD, of Harvard Medical School in Boston.
- Dr. Susan Domchek of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.
- Dr. Karen Lu of the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.
- Dr. Lisa Newman of New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York City.
- Dr. Martine Piccart, PhD, of the Université Libre de Bruxelles in Belgium.
Each awardee will receive a $100,000 honorarium and will be invited to serve as a participant and mentor in a broader women's cancers grant program, the association said. The awards will be presented at the AACR's annual meeting April 8-13 in New Orleans.