The American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC) has appointed Mark Golden as chief executive officer (CEO), effective August 17.
Golden will be in charge of carrying out a new strategic plan that has five key goals, the AACC said.
- Building AACC's advocacy programs and influence
- Driving scientific advancement in laboratory medicine
- Highlighting the essential value of labs to other healthcare professionals and the public
- Promoting scientific discussion about and development of data analytics and artificial intelligence
- Expanding to serve the broader laboratory medicine community
Golden is currently executive director and CEO of the National Society of Professional Engineers, a position he has held for the past seven years.